Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes available at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital Training Schools, Benin City.
A. SCHOOL OF NURSING, UNIVERSITY OF BENIN TEACHING HOSPITAL
This is a three (3) year General Nursing Programme leading to the award of Registered Nurse Certificate (RN).
1. Candidates must not be less than 18 years old and not more than 34years of age.
2. Qualification: Five Credit passes obtained in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO) in the following subjects, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Collection Of Application Form
Application forms are obtainable in person from the office of the Principal with a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only. This should be made payable to UBTH TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT (TSA) VIA THE REMITA PLATFORM IN ANY COMMERCIAL BANK UNDER THE SERVICE TYPE “TRAINING SCHOOL- SCHOOL OF NURSING.
A separate payment of N200 to Nursing and Midwifery Council Committee Edo State Account No. 2050003858 First Bank of Nigeria. Candidates are to submit four (4) recent coloured passport photographs (taken two weeks prior to the application) while returning the completed application forms.
NOTE: Applicants are to come along with documents stating age, state of origin, local government area, school(s) attended with qualifications obtained.
Closing date for submission of completed forms: Friday 7th August, 2020.
Examination Date: Saturday 15th August, 2020
Time: 10:00 am prompt
CENTRE: SCHOOL OF NURSING COMPLEX, UBTH
For further information, please contact 08038611766
B. INSTITUTE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY, UBTH
The UBTH Institute of Health Technology (HIT) has vacancy in the following Programmes:
- Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) Courses; Duration, 2 years ND, 2 years HND
- Public Health Nursing Officers Course (HND); Duration, 2 years
- Anaesthetic Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Plaster Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Dental Surgery Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Occupational Therapy Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Dispensing Options Course: Duration; 3 years
- Emergency Medical Technicians Course ( EMT / Paramedics): Duration: 2 years ND, 2 years HND
- Applicants should possess a minimum of five credit passes in not more than two sittings in WA SSCE/NECO/GCE O’Level subjects which should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Subjects obtained with NA BTEB are acceptable for the programme 1,2,3,4,8 and 9.
- Health Science is acceptable for Emergency Medical Technicians Course and Environmental Health Technology courses
- Candidates seeking admission into Public Health Nursing course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements:
i. Registered Nurse (RN) Certificate
ii. Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with at least one year post qualification experience
iii. Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN Sc.) would start at HND II (final year)
Method Of Application
Admission forms are obtainable at the office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH Benin City, at a fee of Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000.00) only. Payments for purchase of application forms should be made through the UBTH TSA ACCOUNT using the REMITA Platform with the account name: Training Schools, in any bank in Nigeria.
Submission Of Application Forms
Completed application forms should be submitted at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, on or before 31″ August, 2020, while entrance examination to the various programmes will hold at the Institute of Health Technology complex, UBTH, Benin City at a date to be communicated subsequently. For further information, contact 08062611258 or E-mail: email@example.com
C. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, UBTH
SHIM is a Monotechnic (Health Profession) accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN), NYSC and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board / Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME). Graduates of the school are now eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
a. National Diploma Programme (ND)
- Prospective candidates must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WAEC, GCE, S SCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other subject from: Physics, Geography, Economics and Government.
- Candidates who wrote the 2020 JAMB / UTME and had reasonable Jamb scores are eligible to apply.
b. Higher National Diploma Programme (HND)
- Candidates must possess the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements in a (i) above.
- Holders of Technician certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission if such schools have been accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN). Such candidates must meet the requirements as stipulated in a (i) above.
- Candidates with Technician Certificates in Health Information Management with Upper Credits and above, issued by Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) may be considered for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements in a (i) above.
- Candidates must possess Certificates or Letter of One-Year Industrial Training (I.T) from a reputable organization in the Health Industry.
Method Of Application
- Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Head, School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City from the date of this advert.
- For further enquiries, call: 08063921117, 08080859693.
Completed forms should be returned to the office of the Head of School on or before Friday 4th September, 2020.
Post UTME /Screening Date: Saturday 26th September, 2020
Venue: The School Premises in UBTH
Time: 9:00am prompt
D. CENTRE FOR TRAINING COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS, EKPOMA (CTCHO)
The training which lasts for two calendar years will commence in September, 2020. It leads to the award of Higher Diploma in Community Health.
Basic Educational Qualification
West African School Certificate/GCE “O” level OR Senior Secondary School Certificate (NECO) with five (5) credits which must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and physics at not more than two sittings.
Professional Qualification And Experience:
In addition to the qualification above, candidates must possess any of the following professional qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Community Health (DCH) with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience.
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) with five (5) years post qualification experience.
1. Pay a non-refundable fee of Ten thousand naira (N 10,000.00) only to the UBTH TSA ACCOUNT using the REMITA PLATFORM in any commercial bank.
2. Application forms are to be obtained from the school, CTCHO UBTH, Benin-City.
3. Deadline for the payment and submission of completed application form is 3rd Aug, 2020.
4. You are to come with the following documents on the interview date:
- Bank Receipts (evidence) of payment of application fee.
- Valid or Current Practice License.
- S SCE/GCE/NECO
- CHEW Certificate/Abridged Certificate/DCH Certificate (as applicable).
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable).
Written Test And Interview:
Selection for admission will be based on candidates’ performance at a competitive written test and oral interview to be conducted on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th Aug, 2020 respectively.
Candidates are to bring along the originals and photocopies of certificate/master-list to the examination Centre.
For further information, please contact 07035218882.
Joshua Uwaila, Esq
Head, Public Relations Unit
For: Chief Medical Director